Chardonnay and Pink Muscatel
The name “Ésor“is“rosé” written backwards.
The two varieties – 90% chardonnay and pink muscatel for the remaining 10% are harvested together by hand, and after destemming and soft crushing, the grape skins are macerated in the must for at least a week.
The red colour of the muscatel grape skins helps to
give Ésor its coppery pink tone.
After racking off the must from the skins, the alcoholic fermentation continues for another ten days.
Fermentation takes place in 10 hectolitre stainless steel tanks, in which the wine later matures for six months, followed by three more months in the bottle before being ready for sale.
The wine ferments spontaneously, without the
addition of yeasts or malolactic bacteria, and none
of its original components are modified.
At the end of this period, batonnage is carried out manually on the fine lees for two months.
Maturation takes place in steel tanks for at least six months, then the wine is bottled.
It has a coppery pink color, the nose has fruity hints of Golden apple, citrus fruits and distinctly mineral notes.
Intense in the mouth, with a good structure
sustained by a lively and very distinct acidity.